___________________________

I don't know how you go about finding new music, but I mostly do it on the internet, either via blogs or web radio or some combination of the two. So when two of the blogs I respect most, i(heart)music and herohill.com post about the same band in the same week, it's something I'll check out.

That was the case with In-Flight Safety, a group I will openly admit I'd never heard of before (to be fair, I'm on the opposite end of the country). So I gave them a listen, and here's my verdict: the comparisons to Coldplay are fair. But they are also not a reason to dismiss the band. Because being from Halifax, this band does not take the all-out Britpop route. Instead, they find the ground between Two Hours Traffic and radio-friendly stadium rock. Yes, the vocals soar like Chris Martin. But the guitar jangles, the bass bounces and the drum kit is tight. I know you're a busy person, so here's the track I suggest as a starting point.



I also know you like free stuff, so you can stream the whole she-bang here, and if you like it, here's the Zunior way to buy it (if you don't know Zunior, check it out even if you don't want to buy the CD).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Blog Design From| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
Additional adjustments by me using Hackosphere and Dummies' Guide to Blogger.