___________________________

15 Songs: 1990





I realize I've already posted one CBC Radio 3 supplement on here, but this one goes beyond that. On their R3-30 Podcast this week, they did a "Salute to the 1990," playing the Rheostatics and Eric's Trip. But that's not enough. And that's where I come in.

One of the limitations of Radio 3 trying to do throwback shows is that their library is limited to the tracks that artists have chosen to make available on their site. And while that's often enough for contemporary acts, anyone whose career highlighted pre-2000 doesn't have much reason to get on there. So when you do a show like that, you're pretty much limited to, well, the Rheostatics and Eric's Trip. Hardly indicative of the state of Canadian music in 1990.

So I did a little research (ie. Wikipedia and allmusic.com) and came up with my own list of Canadian songs from 1990. There is no method to my madness-- some of these are award winners, some were chart toppers, and some were underground burns. Some artists are familiar and some I never heard of before doing this. But all songs came from the year that was 1990. So from today through Saturday, I will post three songs a day, resulting in a playlist that will be known as 15 Songs: 1990.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Blog Design From| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
Additional adjustments by me using Hackosphere and Dummies' Guide to Blogger.